New vessel - M/T Saltstraum
The third of the four highly advanced and environmentally friendly 10,500 dwt. newbuildings with stainless steel cargo tanks was delivered today 3rd of June 2020.
The vessel, M/T Saltstraum, built by the Dingheng shipyard in China, is a new generation chemical tanker with substantially lower emissions through low fuel consumption, NOx emission reducing catalyst and shore power. Furthermore, the vessel is prepared for dual fuel, with a LNG ready engine as well as prepared for battery pack installation. The ships are designed for high capacity loading and discharging for fast turnaround time in port and efficient tank cleaning process.
Utkilen AS is a fully integrated shipping company with headquarters in Bergen, Norway. The company was founded in 1967 and owns and operates 20 ice-class chemical tankers ranging from around 6,000 to 20,000 dwt. in size in our core market in Northern-Europe. In this segment, we have another highly advanced and environmentally friendly 10,000 dwt. newbuilding with stainless steel cargo tanks on order from a shipyard in China with delivery later in 2020. Utkilen is one of the major seaway transporting companies of chemicals and other bulk liquid cargoes in Northern Europe. Furthermore, Utkilen own four modern 20,000 dwt. stainless steel vessels built in 2018 and 2019 operating in global trade through our Stream brand.
- M/T Sydstraum delivered (August 6, 2020)
- New vessel - M/T Saltstraum (June 3, 2020)
- M/T Vikstraum delivered (October 13, 2019)
- Fleet renewal – M/T Mostraum delivered (June 27, 2019)
- Stream Pacific delivered (June 18, 2019)
- The third Stream newbuilding delivered (June 15, 2019)
- Stream Atlantic delivered (January 9, 2019)
- Delivery of newbuilding (February 22, 2018)
- Utkilen places orders for advanced Eco-design ice-class chemical tankers (January 31, 2017)
- Acquisition of a 8.400 dwt. advanced chemical tanker (July 16, 2015)
- Acquisition of a 6.000 dwt. advanced chemical tanker (February 3, 2015)
- Stream Tankers sells ten chemical tankers to BW Tankers (May 20, 2014)
- Stream Tankers AS increases its order to five advanced eco-design chemical tankers (February 24, 2014)
- Stream Tankers AS delares options for two additional advanced eco-design chemical tankers (January 23, 2014)