Delivery of newbuilding
On 22nd of February 2018 our subsidiary Stream Shipping AS took delivery of M/T Stream Arctic, a 19 999 dwt. advanced eco-friendly chemical tanker with stainless steel cargo tanks.
The newbuilding was delivered by Fukuoka Shipbuilding Co. Ltd. in Japan and is the first in a series of four newbuildings from the same yard to be delivered in 2018 and 2019. The vessels have eco-design hulls and combined with modern efficient engines will give substantial fuel reductions.
Utkilen AS is a fully integrated shipping company with headquarters in Bergen, Norway. The company was founded in 1967 and owns and operates 18 ice-class chemical tankers ranging from around 5,000 to 20,000 dwt. in size. Furthermore, Utkilen has four 20,000 dwt. stainless steel newbuildings for global trade on order. Utkilen is one of the major seaway transporting companies of chemicals and other bulk liquid cargoes in Northern Europe.
Bergen, 22 February 2018
Kjell Ove Breivik, CEO
Mobile: +47 414 43614
Espen Bjelland, CFO
Mobile: +47 900 15570
- Delivery of newbuilding (February 22, 2018)
- Utkilen places orders for advanced Eco-design ice-class chemical tankers (January 31, 2017)
- Acquisition of a 8.400 dwt. advanced chemical tanker (July 16, 2015)
- Acquisition of a 6.000 dwt. advanced chemical tanker (February 3, 2015)
- Stream Tankers sells ten chemical tankers to BW Tankers (May 20, 2014)
- Stream Tankers AS increases its order to five advanced eco-design chemical tankers (February 24, 2014)
- Stream Tankers AS delares options for two additional advanced eco-design chemical tankers (January 23, 2014)