Utkilen places orders for advanced Eco-design ice-class chemical tankers
We are pleased to inform that Utkilen, has entered into newbuilding contracts with AVIC Dingheng Shipbuilding Co. Ltd. in China for up to four advanced 9,900 dwt. ice class chemical tankers with cargo tanks in duplex stainless steel. The vessels will be built with eco-design, and fitted with modern and fuel efficient dual fuel ready engines. Delivery is expected in 2019 and 2020, and the order is for two firm vessels and an additional two options.
Utkilen AS is a fully integrated shipping company with headquarters in Bergen, Norway. The company was founded in 1967 and owns and operates 18 ice-class chemical tankers ranging from around 5,000 to 20,000 dwt. in size. Furthermore, Utkilen has four 20,000 dwt. stainless steel newbuildings for global trade on order. Utkilen is one of the major seaway transporting companies of chemicals and other bulk liquid cargoes in Northern Europe.
Bergen, 24 January 2017
Kjell Ove Breivik, CEO
Mobile: +47 414 43614
Espen Bjelland, CFO
Mobile: +47 900 15570
- Delivery of newbuilding (February 22, 2018)
- Utkilen places orders for advanced Eco-design ice-class chemical tankers (January 31, 2017)
- Acquisition of a 8.400 dwt. advanced chemical tanker (July 16, 2015)
- Acquisition of a 6.000 dwt. advanced chemical tanker (February 3, 2015)
- Stream Tankers sells ten chemical tankers to BW Tankers (May 20, 2014)
- Stream Tankers AS increases its order to five advanced eco-design chemical tankers (February 24, 2014)
- Stream Tankers AS delares options for two additional advanced eco-design chemical tankers (January 23, 2014)