Stream Tankers sells ten chemical tankers to BW Tankers
Stream Tankers AS ("Stream") has entered into an agreement with BW Tankers Limited ("BW"), whereby BW will acquire 10 chemical tankers from Stream. This includes the sale of M/T Stream Luna (19.999 dwt./built 2010 at Shitanoe) and M/T Stream Mia (19.702 dwt./built 2008 at Fukuoka) to BW.
According to the agreement, BW will also acquire the eight newbuilding contracts that Stream has entered into with Fukuoka Shipbuilding Co. Ltd. and Shitanoe Shipbuilding Co. Ltd. These eight 19,900 dwt. chemical tankers with cargo tanks in stainless steel will be of the new Fukuoka/Shitanoe eco-design hulls. Combined with modern efficient engines the vessel will give substantial fuel reductions when they are delivered in 2015 to 2018.
Stream Tankers AS is owned by Utkilen AS (60%), EGD Shipholding AS (35%) and BSCO AS (5%).
Bergen, 20 May 2014
Stream Tankers AS
Magne Øvreås Bjørn Sjaastad
CEO of Utkilen AS Chairman of Stream Tankers AS
Phone: +47 5530 7800 Mobile: +47 906 90130
Mobile: +47 913 72027
Utkilen AS is a fully integrated shipping company with headquarters in Bergen, Norway. Utkilen dates back to 1916 and owns and operates 22 chemical tankers ranging from around 5,000 to 20,000 dwt. in size. Utkilen is one of the major seaway transporting companies of chemicals and other bulk liquid cargoes in Northern Europe.
EGD Shipholding AS is owned by EGD Holding AS (www.egd.no). EGD Holding AS was founded in 1907 and is a Bergen-based investment company with main focus on Shipping and Real Estate. EGD Shipholding has ownership interests in more than 40 vessels.
BSCO AS is owned by Mr. Bjørn Sjaastad, Chairman of Stream Tankers AS and Utkilen AS.
- Delivery of newbuilding (February 22, 2018)
- Utkilen places orders for advanced Eco-design ice-class chemical tankers (January 31, 2017)
- Acquisition of a 8.400 dwt. advanced chemical tanker (July 16, 2015)
- Acquisition of a 6.000 dwt. advanced chemical tanker (February 3, 2015)
- Stream Tankers sells ten chemical tankers to BW Tankers (May 20, 2014)
- Stream Tankers AS increases its order to five advanced eco-design chemical tankers (February 24, 2014)
- Stream Tankers AS delares options for two additional advanced eco-design chemical tankers (January 23, 2014)