M/T Straum – Covid-19
We deeply regret the loss of one of the Indian crew members onboard M/T Straum. He was confirmed dead on 22nd of May and was one of five crew members that tested positive for covid-19 on 8th of May. Since the first person tested positive for covid-19 preventive measures, beyond the strict measures that has been in place over time, was implemented onboard.
Next of kin and relevant authorities have been informed. Our deepest sympathies goes to the family and friends of the deceased. We will do our utmost to assist the family in this difficult time.
Four other crew members were hospitalized and is recovering well. The remaining crew of 16 have tested negative and is in good shape and we are looking after them as best as possible.
The vessel has been anchored outside Trinidad & Tobago in ballast and waiting for cargo since the beginning of May.
M/T Straum is a 19.934 dwt. chemical tanker with double hull built in 2010. The vessel is registered in The Norwegian International Ship Register (NIS) and is classed by DNV. M/T Straum is technically managed and crewed by Diamond Ship Management in Singapore and has mainly Indian crew onboard. The vessel is owned by our subsidiary Utkilen Shipping AS and is managed commercially by Hansa Tankers.
Espen Bjelland, CFO, phone +47 900 15570 or email@example.com
5004 Bergen, Norway
Switchboard: +47 5530 7800
Further information can be found at: www.utkilen.no
- M/T Straum – Covid-19 (May 22, 2021)
- M/T Finnstraum – Covid-19 - Update (December 24, 2020)
- M/T Finnstraum – Covid-19 (December 23, 2020)
- M/T Sydstraum delivered (August 6, 2020)
- New vessel - M/T Saltstraum (June 3, 2020)
- M/T Vikstraum delivered (October 13, 2019)
- Fleet renewal – M/T Mostraum delivered (June 27, 2019)
- Stream Pacific delivered (June 18, 2019)
- The third Stream newbuilding delivered (June 15, 2019)
- Stream Atlantic delivered (January 9, 2019)
- Delivery of newbuilding (February 22, 2018)
- Utkilen places orders for advanced Eco-design ice-class chemical tankers (January 31, 2017)
- Acquisition of a 8.400 dwt. advanced chemical tanker (July 16, 2015)
- Acquisition of a 6.000 dwt. advanced chemical tanker (February 3, 2015)
- Stream Tankers sells ten chemical tankers to BW Tankers (May 20, 2014)
- Stream Tankers AS increases its order to five advanced eco-design chemical tankers (February 24, 2014)
- Stream Tankers AS delares options for two additional advanced eco-design chemical tankers (January 23, 2014)