Safety & Quality
Utkilen shall be a leading, preferred and reliable transporter of bulk liquids
Safe - Caring - Sustainable
- Safe - safety begins with me!
- Caring - for people, environment and customers
- Sustainable - responsible operations for future generations
Health, safety and working environment policy
Utkilen shall be a safe and healthy working place for all our employees. Any personnel injury is unacceptable, and our goal is zero harm to personnel.
- Promote and maintain a strong safety culture onboard and ashore
- Comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and requirements
- Enhance a proactive approach to the management of Health, Safety and Working Environment onboard our vessels and ashore
- Develop, monitor, and maintain a Health, Safety and Working Environment program with defined goals, responsibilities and KPI’s
- Run a Risk Management program were identification of risks in the Fleet is constantly reviewed and assessed
- Train and develop our personnel to ensure that Health, Safety and Working Environment is continually improved
- Openly communicate Health, Safety and Working Environment performance with customers and industry bodies
Utkilen shall continuously strive to reduce our impact on the environment.
- Establish and maintain an Environmental Management System in accordance with the ISO 14001 standard
- Establish and maintain the Overall Environmental Objectives
- Develop, monitor and maintain an environmental program with defined goals, responsibilities and KPI’s
- Optimize the vessels energy consumption through operations, design and industry best practices
- Maintain effective pollution prevention measures, including reduction and recycling of waste
- Compliance with applicable laws, regulations and requirements
- Zero environmental incident or spill
- Openly communicate environmental performance with customers and industry bodies
- Utkilen assume full responsibility for the proper recycling of our vessels. This also applies to vessels sold to third parties prior to recycling. All such recycling shall be in accordance with the Hong Kong Convention and EU regulations.
Human and labour rights policy
Utkilen shall conduct its business in a manner that respects the right and dignity of all people. Utkilen shall comply with all applicable laws and regulations and is committed to respecting the protection of internationally recognized Human Rights.
- All people shall be treated with respect regardless of their background, gender, race, class, sexual orientation, political beliefs, age, or any other human right
- All employment with Utkilen is voluntary, and all employees have work contracts complying with applicable laws and regulations. The minimum age of employment is eighteen.
- All employees have the right to join trade unions or have recognized employee representation in accordance with local law
- Diversity is encouraged. Different backgrounds, skills and experience is recognized as a competitive advantage for the Company.
- Utkilen supports UN Global Compact
Business integrity and ethics policy
Utkilen shall be characterized by our stakeholders as a company with high ethical standards and integrity. The reputation of the company, and the trust of our business partners is a vital part to our business.
- No compromise shall be made to our corporate values or fundamental human and labour right
- Utkilen is firmly opposed to all forms of corruption. Our objective is to compete in the marketplace based on competitive services and prices.
- All employees shall adhere to the Personal Code of Conduct rules that have been established
- Confidential and proprietary information is an important asset in the operation of our business. All such information shall be handled with the utmost discretion and never be unauthorized disclosed.
- All employees shall comply with both the letter and the spirit of all national and foreign antitrust and competition laws
- Senior managers within the management group (MG) shall on an annual basis report compliance with the Business Integrity and Ethics Policy to the CEO
- Utkilen is a member of the UN Global Compact initiative
Sustainable procurement policy
Utkilen is committed to Responsible Supply Chain Management (RSCM) through our implementation of the IMPA ACT program.
Utkilen has the responsibility not only to understand our supply chain, but to use this knowledge to drive improvements where the opportunities exist and to reinforce our suppliers’ commitments to sustainable business practices.
Our expectations related to suppliers are further specified in the IMPA ACT Supplier Code of Conduct.