Utkilen has been awarded EcoVadis Gold medal in recognition of its sustainability achievements!
We are proud to announce that Utkilen has achieved the EcoVadis Gold Medal.
The Gold medal classification is an advanced rating that Utkilen was given based on:
- structured and proactive sustainability approach
- engagements/policies and tangible actions on major issues with detailed implementation information
- significant sustainability reporting on actions and Key Performance Indicators.
The overall score placed UTKILEN in the top 5 percent of companies rated by EcoVadis in the Sea and coastal water transport industry.
EcoVadis assessments focus on 21 issues which are grouped into 4 themes (Environment, Labor & Human Rights, Ethics, Sustainable Procurement). Thousands of companies use the EcoVadis Ratings platform every month to respond to sustainability assessment requests from customers, set and maintain corrective action plans and centralize sustainability-related documents. EcoVadis currently have 50,000 subscribers, spread across 150 countries and 190 industries.
Over the last years Utkilen have had strong focus on improving our environmental footprint, formalize our Corporate Social Responsibilities and increase the awareness on these topics in our organization and through our supply chain.
In addition to improving energy efficiencies in our current fleet of chemical tankers, we are converting our newest vessels and ordered new vessels with the latest available environmentally friendly technologies. Four vessels will be converted to LNG power during 2022 and four newbuilding with deliveries from 2024 will have LNG propulsion from day one.
Contact: Espen Bjelland, CFO, phone: +47 900 15570, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Utkilen AS is a fully integrated shipping company with headquarters in Bergen, Norway. The company was founded in 1967 and owns and operates 22 chemical tankers ranging from around 6,000 to 20,000 dwt. in size, primarily in our core market in Northern-Europe. Utkilen is one of the major seaway transporting companies of chemicals and other bulk liquid cargoes in Northern Europe. Four modern 20,000 dwt. stainless steel vessels built in 2018 and 2019 is operating in global trade through our Stream brand.
- Utkilen has been awarded EcoVadis Gold medal in recognition of its sustainability achievements! (July 7, 2022)
- Among Europe's most future oriented fleets (June 9, 2022)
- Utkilen Sustainability Report 2021 (May 13, 2022)
- M/T Straum – Covid-19 (May 22, 2021)
- M/T Finnstraum – Covid-19 - Update (December 24, 2020)
- M/T Finnstraum – Covid-19 (December 23, 2020)
- M/T Sydstraum delivered (August 6, 2020)
- New vessel - M/T Saltstraum (June 3, 2020)
- M/T Vikstraum delivered (October 13, 2019)
- Fleet renewal – M/T Mostraum delivered (June 27, 2019)
- Stream Pacific delivered (June 18, 2019)
- The third Stream newbuilding delivered (June 15, 2019)
- Stream Atlantic delivered (January 9, 2019)
- Delivery of newbuilding (February 22, 2018)
- Utkilen places orders for advanced Eco-design ice-class chemical tankers (January 31, 2017)
- Acquisition of a 8.400 dwt. advanced chemical tanker (July 16, 2015)
- Acquisition of a 6.000 dwt. advanced chemical tanker (February 3, 2015)
- Stream Tankers sells ten chemical tankers to BW Tankers (May 20, 2014)
- Stream Tankers AS increases its order to five advanced eco-design chemical tankers (February 24, 2014)
- Stream Tankers AS delares options for two additional advanced eco-design chemical tankers (January 23, 2014)