Stream Tankers AS delares options for two additional advanced eco-design chemical tankers
We are pleased to inform that Stream Tankers AS, has declared options for two additional 19,900 dwt. newbuildings with Fukuoka Shipbuilding Co. Ltd. and Shitanoe Shipbuilding Co. Ltd. in Japan. This increases the order to four firm vessels with the shipyards. Furthermore, Stream Tankers has options to increase the order to up to six vessels.
The newbuildings will be of the new Fukuoka/Shitanoe eco-design hulls and combined with modern efficient engines will give substantial fuel reductions. Delivery of the firm vessels will be in 2015 and 2016.
Stream Tankers AS currently owns two 19,900 dwt. chemical tankers built at Fukuoka and Shitanoe shipyards in Japan in 2008 and 2010. The vessels are currently out on time-charter to one of the major global chemical tanker operators. Stream Tankers is owned by Utkilen AS (60%), EGD Shipholding AS (35%) and BSCO AS (5%).
Utkilen AS is a fully integrated shipping company with headquarters in Bergen, Norway. Utkilen dates back to 1916 and owns and operates 22 chemical tankers ranging from around 5,000 to 20,000 dwt. in size. Utkilen is one of the major seaway transporting companies of chemicals and other bulk liquid cargoes in Northern Europe.
EGD Shipholding AS is owned by EGD Holding AS (www.egd.no). EGD Holding AS was founded in 1907 and is a Bergen-based investment company with main focus on Shipping and Real Estate. EGD Shipholding has ownership interests in more than 40 vessels.
BSCO AS is owned by Mr. Bjørn Sjaastad, Chairman of Stream Tankers AS and Utkilen AS.
Bergen, 23 January 2014
Stream Tankers AS
Magne Øvreås, CEO of Utkilen AS
Phone: +47 5530 7800
Mobile: +47 9137 2027
- M/T Straum – Covid-19 (May 22, 2021)
- M/T Finnstraum – Covid-19 - Update (December 24, 2020)
- M/T Finnstraum – Covid-19 (December 23, 2020)
- M/T Sydstraum delivered (August 6, 2020)
- New vessel - M/T Saltstraum (June 3, 2020)
- M/T Vikstraum delivered (October 13, 2019)
- Fleet renewal – M/T Mostraum delivered (June 27, 2019)
- Stream Pacific delivered (June 18, 2019)
- The third Stream newbuilding delivered (June 15, 2019)
- Stream Atlantic delivered (January 9, 2019)
- Delivery of newbuilding (February 22, 2018)
- Utkilen places orders for advanced Eco-design ice-class chemical tankers (January 31, 2017)
- Acquisition of a 8.400 dwt. advanced chemical tanker (July 16, 2015)
- Acquisition of a 6.000 dwt. advanced chemical tanker (February 3, 2015)
- Stream Tankers sells ten chemical tankers to BW Tankers (May 20, 2014)
- Stream Tankers AS increases its order to five advanced eco-design chemical tankers (February 24, 2014)
- Stream Tankers AS delares options for two additional advanced eco-design chemical tankers (January 23, 2014)