Stream Tankers AS increases its order to five advanced eco-design chemical tankers
We are pleased to inform that Stream Tankers AS, has increased its orders to five 19,900 dwt. newbuildings with Fukuoka Shipbuilding Co. Ltd. and Shitanoe Shipbuilding Co. Ltd. in Japan. Furthermore, Stream Tankers has options for an additional three vessels at the shipyards.
The newbuildings will be of the new Fukuoka/Shitanoe eco-design hulls and combined with modern efficient engines will give substantial fuel reductions. Delivery of the firm vessels will be from the fall of 2015 to early 2017.
Stream Tankers AS currently owns two 19,900 dwt. chemical tankers built at Fukuoka and Shitanoe shipyards in Japan in 2008 and 2010. The vessels are currently out on time-charter to one of the major global chemical tanker operators. Stream Tankers is owned by Utkilen AS (60%), EGD Shipholding AS (35%) and BSCO AS (5%).
Utkilen AS is a fully integrated shipping company with headquarters in Bergen, Norway. Utkilen dates back to 1916 and owns and operates 22 chemical tankers ranging from around 5,000 to 20,000 dwt. in size. Utkilen is one of the major seaway transporting companies of chemicals and other bulk liquid cargoes in Northern Europe.
EGD Shipholding AS is owned by EGD Holding AS (www.egd.no). EGD Holding AS was founded in 1907 and is a Bergen-based investment company with main focus on Shipping and Real Estate. EGD Shipholding has ownership interests in more than 40 vessels.
BSCO AS is owned by Mr. Bjørn Sjaastad, Chairman of Stream Tankers AS and Utkilen AS.
Bergen, 24 February 2014
Stream Tankers AS
Magne Øvreås Espen Bjelland
CEO of Utkilen AS CFO of Utkilen AS
Phone: +47 5530 7800 Phone: +47 5530 7845
Mobile: +47 913 72027 Mobile: +47 900 15570
- M/T Bergstraum – engine incident (November 14, 2022)
- Utkilen has been awarded EcoVadis Gold medal in recognition of its sustainability achievements! (July 7, 2022)
- Among Europe's most future oriented fleets (June 9, 2022)
- Utkilen Sustainability Report 2021 (May 13, 2022)
- M/T Straum – Covid-19 (May 22, 2021)
- M/T Finnstraum – Covid-19 - Update (December 24, 2020)
- M/T Finnstraum – Covid-19 (December 23, 2020)
- M/T Sydstraum delivered (August 6, 2020)
- New vessel - M/T Saltstraum (June 3, 2020)
- M/T Vikstraum delivered (October 13, 2019)
- Fleet renewal – M/T Mostraum delivered (June 27, 2019)
- Stream Pacific delivered (June 18, 2019)
- The third Stream newbuilding delivered (June 15, 2019)
- Stream Atlantic delivered (January 9, 2019)
- Delivery of newbuilding (February 22, 2018)
- Utkilen places orders for advanced Eco-design ice-class chemical tankers (January 31, 2017)
- Acquisition of a 8.400 dwt. advanced chemical tanker (July 16, 2015)
- Acquisition of a 6.000 dwt. advanced chemical tanker (February 3, 2015)
- Stream Tankers sells ten chemical tankers to BW Tankers (May 20, 2014)
- Stream Tankers AS increases its order to five advanced eco-design chemical tankers (February 24, 2014)
- Stream Tankers AS delares options for two additional advanced eco-design chemical tankers (January 23, 2014)